Hammerica

Returning to America after four years in Europe

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Final Daze

I'm determined to enjoy my final days in Europe as much as possible. So I've been playing tourist recently.

On Thursday afternoon, we drove down to Antwerp for a look around. I'd never really been there - even though it's only 90 minutes by car south. A charming little city in northern Belgium, Antwerp’s impressive cathedrals and charming squares gave me that "I'm in a new city" buzz. We had a walk around, went for dinner (I had mussels - when in Rome, right?) and came home. I'm going to miss being able to go to a foreign country just for dinner.

And after more than two years of living here, I finally visited the Keukenhof for the first time yesterday. This massive tulip exhibition is only open two months a year - and still attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from all over the world. It's no wonder - it is an absolutely stunning display of horticulture. Even Simon was impressed.

To see for yourself, visit www.keukenhof.nl - and do try to visit the Netherlands when the Keukenhof is open.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the town with the giant staue of the atom? That thing is awesome!

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Jon said...

Oh, that was me.... Jon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home